This came to me in an Email, one of those forwarded things that clutter up our in-boxes, but it has some good thoughts that I want to share with you. Please feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore any or all of them. I promise to not take it personally.
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant. (Walk outside if you can, walk on a treadmill if you want, or if you can’t walk for whatever reason, think about walking. But do smile!)
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God (Allah, Buddha, or the Deity of your choosing) about what is going on in your life.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, “My purpose is to enjoy life today. I am thankful for having God (see above) in my life.”
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed-out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
20. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for all my blessings. Today I accomplished every thing I set out to do.
24. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.
What can it hurt?
Uncle Jim & Aunt Mary